Dr Abhijeet Chaudhari is a chemist by education and material scientist by research. He did his Master studies in Pune University, India. Thereafter, he started doing research in Indian Institite of Science Education and Research, (IISER-Pune), India, where he learned about metal-organic frameworks (MOFs). His experience in MOF research earned him the entry to the Multifunctional Materials and Polymer Compoites Lab (MMC) in February 2014 headed by Professor Jin-Chong Tan.
Abhijeet was successfully funded by Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) for consecutive 3 years to undertake research on novel MOF materials and finish his research studies at MMC. He was a graduate student of Linacre college for one year and graduate scholar of St Catherine's Collge (Great Eastern Scholar) for two years. Focussing on opto-electronic properties of MOFs, he finished his DPhil studies in July 2017 and started as a post-doctoral researcher in MMC Lab from October 24th, 2018 onwards.
Continuing his DPhil work to next level, currently Abhjeet is focussing on use of nano MOFs for advanced opto-electronic applications.
- h-index: 17
- Number of citations: 1662
Research Highlights on Oxford Science Blog
- Designing and making of guest assisted luminescent nano-MOF materials for molecular sensing and lighting applications
- Engineering 3D printed composites of functional MOFs for advanced opto-electronic applications.
Abhijeet is part of ERC sponsored project PROMOFS: "Nanoengineering and Processing of Metal-Organic Framework Composites for Photonic Sensors," guided by Professor Jin-Chong Tan.
- Chaudhari, A. K. and J.-C. Tan (2017). "A mechano-responsive supramolecular metal–organic framework (supraMOF) gel material rich in ZIF-8 nanoplates." Chem Commun (Camb) 53(61): 8502-8505.
- Chaudhari, A. K., et al. (2017). "Optochemically Responsive 2D Nanosheets of a 3D Metal–Organic Framework Material." Adv Mater 29(27): 1701463.
- Chaudhari, A. K., et al. (2015). "Multifunctional Supramolecular Hybrid Materials Constructed from Hierarchical Self‐Ordering of In Situ Generated Metal‐Organic Framework (MOF) Nanoparticles." Adv Mater 27(30): 4438-4446.