Andrew has a background in theoretical condensed matter physics and diamond science and technologies. He completed his undergraduate and masters degrees at the University of London before joining the Diamond Science and Technology Centre for Doctoral Training. His current research focuses on Ultra-fast laser fabrication of defects in diamond in order to build effecient spin-photonic interfaces.
- Ultra-fast laser fabrication
- Quantum Technologies and Devices
- Density Functional Theory
- Diamond Science and Technology
- Solid State quantum computing
Fabrication of colour centres in diamond, including the practical and theoretic research topics.
Applications of laser written defects in solid state materials.