Dr. Huidong (Henry) Jia received his Ph.D. in Stem Cell Biology and Tissue Engineering from the University of Bristol. Henry is also working as a Senior Research Scientist in the Biomedical Engineering Group of the Oxford Suzhou Centre for Advanced Research (OSCAR).
- With multi-discipline working experience in stem cell biology, tissue engineering and clinical therapy.
- Expertise in utilizing perinatal tissue-derived multipotent stem cells in cartilage repairing and cardiovascular/cerebrovascular disease regenerative therapy.
- Preclinical Study: Combination therapy (Stem cell & traditional therapy) of ischemic stroke
- Development of a rapid test kit for SARS-CoV-2: an example of product design. Cui Z, Chang H, Wang H, Lim B, Hsu CC, Yu Y, Jia H, Wang Y, Zeng Y, Ji M, Liu W, Inverarity C, Huang WE. Biodes Manuf. 2020 May 11:1-4. doi: 10.1007/s42242-020-00075-7.
- RT-LAMP for rapid diagnosis of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Huang WE, Lim B, Hsu CC, Xiong D, Wu W, Yu Y, Jia H, Wang Y, Zeng Y, Ji M, Chang H, Zhang X, Wang H, Cui Z. Microb Biotechnol. 2020 Jul;13(4):950-961. doi: 10.1111/1751-7915.13586. Epub 2020 Apr 25.
- Reconstruction of the pulmonary artery by a novel biodegradable conduit engineered with perinatal stem cell-derived vascular smooth muscle cells enables physiological vascular growth in a large animal model of congenital heart disease. Ghorbel MT1, Jia H1, Swim MM1, Iacobazzi D1, Albertario A1, Zebele C1, Holopherne-Doran D1, Hollander A2, Madeddu P3, Caputo M4 Biomaterials. 2019 Oct;217:119284. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2019.119284. Epub 2019 Jun 20. (First co-author)
- Improving characterisation of human Multipotent Stromal Cells cultured in 2D and 3D: Design and evaluation of primer sets for accurate gene expression normalisation. Bas Brinkhof, Huidong Jia, Bo Zhang, Zhanfeng Cui, Hua Ye , Hui Wang, PLoS One. 2018 Dec 31;13(12):e0209772.
- Human menstrual blood: a renewable and sustainable source of stem cells for regenerative medicine. Lv H1, Hu Y2, Cui Z3, Jia H4 Stem Cell Res Ther. 2018 Nov 21;9(1):325. doi: 10.1186/s13287-018-1067-y.
- Expansion and characterization of neonatal cardiac pericytes provides a novel cellular option for tissue engineering in congenital heart disease. Avolio E1, Rodriguez-Arabaolaza I1, Spencer HL1, Riu F1, Mangialardi G1, Slater SC1, Rowlinson J1, Alvino VV1, Idowu OO1, Soyombo S1, Oikawa A1, Swim MM2, Kong CH3, Cheng H3, Jia H2, Ghorbel MT2, Hancox JC3, Orchard CH3, Angelini G4, Emanueli C5, Caputo M2, Madeddu P1. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015 Jun 16;4(6):e002043. doi: 10.1161/JAHA.115.002043.
- AMPK inactivation in mononuclear cells: a potential intracellular mechanism for exercise-induced immunosuppression, Moir H1, Butcher L, Jones KP, Hughes MG, Neale H, Jia H, Al-Ismaily Z, Webb R Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 33(1): 75–85 (2008)
- Stem cells in vascular graft tissue engineering for congenital heart surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Huidong Jia1, Massimo Caputo*2 and Mohamed T Ghorbel, Interventional Cardiology December 2013, Vol. 5, No. 6, Pages 647-662