Dr Kharthik Chakravarthy studied Mechanical Engineering at Imperial College London, graduating with an MEng in 2017. He subsequently completed a DPhil in 2022 at the University of Oxford, with his thesis titled "Multiparameter Optical Diagnostics for High-Speed Flow Applications".
Kharthik is currently working as a Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Lasers for Hypersonic Flows, where he applies novel laser diagnostic techniques to understand high-speed fluid physics. His research interests are in all things related to fluid flow measurement using the properties of light.
• Novel and accessible laser diagnostic techniques for fluid flows
• Cooling technologies for hypersonic vehicles
• Active flow control techniques
• Efficiency modelling of mechanical transmission systems
• Tribology and lubrication of moving parts