Dr Yanhong Chen received his PhD degree in Aerospace Engineering at Imperial College London in 2017. His PhD thesis was 'Meshfree Micromechanical Modelling of the Mechanical Properties and Responses of Woven Composites'.
He joined the Impact Engineering Team of the University of Oxford as a postdoctoral research associate in 2017. Yanhong's current research interest is the development of novel modelling techniques for composite materials with advanced internal architecture, such as advanced fibre placement (AFP) composites.
- Constitutive Modelling of Composite Materials
- Modelling of Strain-rate Dependent Behaviours
- Impact Analysis of Composite Structures
- Material Testing and Characterisation
- Finite Element Method
- Meshfree Methods
- DELICE Design of Engineered Lightweight Innovative Casings for Engines