Dr Yulei Fan received his PhD degree in Computer Science at Leeds Beckett University in 2006. He has 10 years of academic experience in teaching and researching at the area of computer science, and also has more than 5 years of industry experience in developing software products. He currently is working as a research software engineer with Prof. Min Chen in the area of data visualization.
- Data visualization;
- Brain neural behaviour simulation, such as instant, short-term, long-term, permanent working memory;
- Auto-decision making with knowledge agent;
- Image processing and 3D/4D modelling.
Visualization and Visual Analytics in Support of Rapid Assistance in Modelling the Pandemic (RAMP)
- Zhou, Zhemin, Alikhan, Nabil-Fareed, Mohamed, Khaled, Fan, Yulei, Achtman, Mark, Tyne, William, 2019. The
EnteroBase user's guide, with case studies on Salmonella transmissions, Yersinia pestis phylogeny and Escherichia core
genomic diversity. Genome Research
Yulei Fan (2016), Web-based Healthcare Data Communication System, Medical Information Journal of China, 2016,
- Y. Cheng, Y. Fan, M. Huang (2012), Innovative Intelligent Navigation System by Applying Fuzzy Logic and Cell
Assemblies in Rescuing Robot. Applied Artificial Intelligence 26(3): 183-203 (2012)
- Y. Cheng, Y. Fan, M. Huang and R. Yang (2009), A Cognitive Model with Self-Learning Used in a Mobile Robot, ICAI'09 -
The 2009 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, July, 2009. pp. 392-395
- Y. Cheng, Y. Fan and M. Huang (2008), A cognitive mobile robot，Proceedings of 2008 CACS International Automatic
Control Conference, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Nov, 2008.
- Y. Cheng and Y. Fan (2008), The 3D Humanoid Emotions in Interactive Learning Environments for People with Autism,
In Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2008 (pp.5162-
- Y. Fan and C. Huyck (2007), Parsing with fLIF Neurons, IEEE Systems, In Proceedings of Advances in Cybernetic Systems,
- Y. Fan and C. Huyck (2008), Implementation of finite state automata using flif neurons, In IEEE Systems, Man and
Cybernetics Society, 2008, pp.74-78.
- Y. Cheng, D. Moor, P. McGrath, P and Y Fan (2005) Collaborative Virtual Environment Technology for People with
Autism, The 5th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, ICALT 2005, pp.247-248.
- I. Williams, N. Bowring, E. Guest, P. Twigg, Y. Fan, and D. Gadsby (2005), A Combined Statistical/Neural Network MultiScale Edge Detector, Visualization, Imaging and Image Processing, 2005, Benidorm, Spain, pp.266-271.
- N. Bowring, E. Guest, P. Twigg, Y. Fan and D. Gadsby (2004), A New Statistical Method for Edge Detection on Textured
and Cluttered Images, Visualization, Imaging and Image Processing, Marbella, Spain, pp.435-440.
- Y. Fan, N. Bowring and E. Guest (2003), Detection of Mouse Embryo Atlas (MA) boundaries using a neural network,
Applications and Technologies (PDCAT'03). IEEE Press, pp. 829-833.
- Y. Fan, E. Guest, and N. Bowring (2003), Histological image detection using statistical tests and a neural network,
Proceedings of the 3rd IASTED International Conference on Visualization, Imaging and Image Processing. pp. 376-381.
- Y. Fan, and G. Kings (2000), A Theoretical and Experimental Investigation of the Causes and Effects of 1/f noise in thick
film sensors, Proceedings of Automation and Computer Science, CACSCUK, 2000.