Research at LIMA is aimed at gaining further insight into fundamental aspects of material behaviour. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Crack formation & propagation in brittle materials (ceramics, pharmaceutics, etc.)
- Mechanical behaviour of aero engine material systems, including metal alloys (Ti64), composites & foams
- Mechanical properties of biological systems, e.g. silk, tendons, bones, meniscus
- Characterisation of surface composition and adsorption kinetics, e.g. amides at polymer-air interface
- Development and applications of novel techniques for studying materials behaviour and interactions in-situ & at extreme environments, e.g. temperature
For more information contact the Facility Manager (email@example.com).