Cristian received his MEng in Mechanical Engineering from University of Aberdeen in 2016 with a research focus on stochastic methods for fluid flow simulation. He then joined Prof. Ed Walsh's lab at University of Oxford where he's been working on developing the next generation of microfluidic devices.
Awards and Prizes
SLAS Innovation Award 2019
- Soitu C. et al., Creating wounds in cell monolayers using micro-jets. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.01.07.425744
- Soitu C. et al. Jet-printing microfluidic devices on demand, Advance Science (in press) https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/advs.202001854
- Soitu, C. et al. Using fluid walls for single-cell cloning provides assurance in monoclonality. SLAS Technology DOI: 10.1177/2472630319891135 2019
- Soitu, C. et al. Raising fluid walls around living cells. Science Advances DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aav8002 2019
- Soitu, C. et al. Microfluidic chambers using fluid walls for cell biology. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1805449115 2018