Dr Aceves has been investigating the mechanical and microstructural behaviour of nickel superalloys under medium to high strain rates at elevated temperatures under rapid heating rates in Begbroke Sicence Park at the Univeristy of Oxford.
She is in the process of finishing the Black Belt Six Sigma certificate.
She obtained her PhD with the topic of the machinability of titanium alloys under cryogenic cooling. Her MSc was in Aerospace Materials at Sheffield University. Previously, she worked for Zodiac Aerospace/Weber Aircraft as a materails specialist.
- Mechanical and metallurgical response of Nickel Superalloys at elevated temperatures at high heating rates.
- Induction heating
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Electron Backscattered Diffraction
- Data analysis in Matlab
- Uniaxial compression testing at elevated temperatures at high heating rates using induction heating
- Design of a dead weight torsion test at elevated temperatures using a bespoke induction coil