COLLEGE: Trinity College
Ngoni Mugwisi completed his BSE in Electrical Engineering and a minor in Engineering Management at Arizona State University in 2017, where he became the university’s first Rhodes Scholar in 15 years.
Ngoni joined the Energy and Power Group in 2017 and is now a DPhil student under the supervision of Professor Dan Rogers. He is interested in universal electrification and researches multiport converters for applications in microgrids. His current work focuses on electro-thermal modelling of switch-mode converters.
Awards and Achievements
- Rhodes Scholarship, 2017
- IEEE Section Chair Award for Technical Achievement, Phoenix Section, 2017
- Student Convocation Speaker, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering ASU, 2017
- Design and modelling of bidirectional, multiport converters
- Electro-thermal modelling and characterisation of power electronic converters
- Universal electrification and sustainable energy systems