Dr. Simone Falco completed his Bachelor’s degree (2006), and Master’s degree (2009) in Aerospace Engineering from “Federico II” University of Naples (Italy) and earned his Ph.D (2015) from the Department of Engineering Science of the University of Oxford.
After achieving his Ph.D he worked at the University of Oxford as a research associate, collaborating in several projects on both experimental and numerical study of ceramic materials, before joining Imperial College London to work on multiscale modelling of polycrystalline materials.
Since 2019 he was appointed as Postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Engineering Science at the University of Oxford.
• Generation of numerical models representative of real polycrystalline microstructures
• Numerical simulation of micromechanical behaviour of brittle materials
• Homogenisation of micromechanical models for the use within multi-scale approaches
• High rate testing of structural materials
• Numerical modelling of manufacturing techniques
• Ross Coffin Purdy Award, American Ceramic Society (ACerS), 2019
• JCS 2018 Award, Journal of the Ceramic Society of Japan (JCS-Japan), 2019
• Excellence Award, Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford, 2019