Tianning Tang obtained his bachelor's degree from the University of Nottingham majored in Mechanical Engineering. Tianning Tang worked with Prof. Buddhika Hewakandamby on shear stress in multiphase flow during a funded summer research placement. Tianning Tang also completed his final year project with Prof. Benardos Panorios in machine learning control solutions to the SCADA system in thermal power plants.
Tianning Tang then completed a D.Phil. at the University of Oxford, under Prof. Thomas Adcock's supervision. He led two 20-day experimental campaigns in the flume at Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), China, and conducted detailed research in data-driven rogue wave predictions with Artificial Neural Network.
Tianning Tang stayed at the department of engineering science as a postdoctoral researcher working with Prof. Thomas Adcock.
Severe Storm Wave Loads on Offshore Wind Turbine Foundations (SEA-SWALLOWS)
Extreme wind and wave loads on the next generation of offshore wind turbines
- T. Tang, T. A. A. Adcock, (2021) The influence of finite depth on the evolution of extreme wave statistics in wave tanks, Coastal Engineering.
- T. Tang, W. Xu, D. Barratt, H.B. Bingham, Y. Li, P.H. Taylor, T.S. van den Bremer and T.A.A. Adcock (2020) Spatial evolution of the kurtosis of steep unidirectional random waves, Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 908, A3.
- T. Tang, P. Tromans, T. A. A. Adcock, (2019) Field measurement of nonlinear changes to large gravity wave groups. Journal of Fluid Mechanics,873, 1158-1178. doi:10.1017/jfm.2019.454
- T. Tang, Y. Li, H.B Bingham and T. A. A. Adcock (2020) Comparison of two versions of the MNLS with the full water wave equations, 39th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering
- T. Tang, M. J. Yelland, T. A. A. Adcock (2019) The average shape of large waves in the Norwegian sea -- is non-linear physics important? the 38th ASME International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering
- T. A. A. Adcock, X. Feng, T. Tang, T.S. van den Bremer, A.H. Day, S. Dai, Y. Li, Z. Lin, W. Xu and P.H. Taylor (2019) Application of 4-phase decomposition to the analysis of random time series from wave basin tests, 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering
- OMAE Outreach Scholarship
- The Best Final Year Project in BEng Mechanical Engineering
- IMechE Frederic Barnes Waldron Prize
- The Best Student in BEng Mechanical Engineering
- High Flyer Award for academic excellence in Engineering Department
- President's Scholarship for academic year excellence
- The Best Student of the Year Scholarship