International Women in Engineering Day Flash Talks
Date & Time
Wednesday 23 Jun 2021 12:00 - Wednesday 23 Jun 2021 13:30
Book your place now at the INWED 2021 Flash Talks Virtual Event!
In celebration of International Women in Engineering Day under the theme #EngineeringHeroes, the Women in Engineering Network is hosting a Flash Talk style event with Oxford researchers and alumni from across multiple engineering disciplines. This year, we will be celebrating the amazing work that women engineers in Oxford are doing, and not just to respond to the pandemic but also to support lives and livelihoods every day. We are inviting our best, brightest, and bravest women in engineering, who recognize a problem, then dare to be part of the solution; who undertake everyday ‘heroics’ as much as emergency ones.
These spectacular women will be sharing their research and inspirational working stories with you in an engaging and informative way covering topics about robotics, cutting-edge surgery technology, infectious diseases (COVID), environment, energy, turbomachinery, control, and mechanobiology. This event will provide you with an opportunity to network with our guest speakers as well as other inspirational women who are researching and working in various engineering disciplines.
- Dr Katia Mandaltsi, Business Development and Strategy Manager at Oxford Heartbeat
- Dr Thea Ekins-Coward, Chief Scientific Officer at Industrial Phycology
- Dr Chia-Chen Hsu, Head of R&D at OxSed
- Professor Perla Maiolino, Oxford Robotics Institute
- Dr Chiara Falsetti, Oxford Thermofluids Institute
- Carla Fuenteslopez, Oxford Mechanobiology
- Yana Lishkova, Oxford Control
Join the livestream on Youtube