The Power of Inclusion: Designing equitable energy systems across social divisions
ONLINE or In-person at Maritim Jolie Ville, Sharm El-Sheikh
Date & Time
Thursday 10 Nov 2022 14:00 GMT - Thursday 10 Nov 2022 15:20 GMT
Inclusion is an important yet undervalued part of an equitable energy transition. It is vital in order to build truly sustainable and climate-compatible energy systems. In this session, we will look at inclusivity in energy transitions through the lens of different demographic groups including gender, disability, age, and class. Centering Global South perspectives, we will investigate how accounting for the needs of diverse groups in decision-making can have a positive effect on energy-enabled growth. This panel is organised as a side event to COP27 by the Climate Compatible Growth Programme (CCG).
- Makena Ireri (Chair), Head of Energy at CLASP
- Alexander Haack, Programme Director, Energising Development (EnDev)
- Sam Stratton-Short, Head of Strategic Initiatives, Infrastructure & Project Management at UNOPS
- Elizabeth Wangeci Chege, Energy Efficiency & Cooling Specialist at Sustainable Energy for All
- Edwin Obiero, Regional Director for West Africa at Practical Action
Alycia Leonard and Stephanie Hirmer, Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford
Open to all, including the general public.
When booking, select “The Power of Inclusion” during registration process