Dr. Amangeldi Torayev is a Postdoctoral Research Assistant working with Prof. Charles Monroe in the Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford.
His PhD work, bewteen 2016-2019, is on the transport in porous battery electrodes using a combination of computational and experimental techniques under joint supervision of Prof. Clare Grey (University of Cambridge) and Prof. Alejandro Franco (University of Picardie).
His current research is focused on electrochemical interfaces in energy storage systems. He aims to expand the fundamental understanding of charge transfer and accumulation on the liquid/solid interfaces in Li-ion and post Li-ion batteries, and their effect on the battery performance.
He is interested in using computational approaches, data-driven, machine learning techniques to enhance our knowledge on batteries.
6. A. Torayev, P. C. M. M. Magusin, C. P. Grey, C. Merlet, A. A. Franco. Text mining assisted review of Li-O2 batteries. J. Phys. Mater. (2019)
5. A. Torayev, P. C. M. M. Magusin, C. P. Grey, C. Merlet, A. A. Franco. Importance of Incorporating Explicit 3D-Resolved Electrode Mesostructures in Li–O2 Battery Models. ACS Appl. Energy Mater. (2018)
4. C. Gaya, Y. Yin, A. Torayev, Y. Mammeri, A. A. Franco. Investigation of bi-porous electrodes for lithium oxygen batteries. Electrochim. Acta (2018)
3. A. Torayev, A. Rucci , P. C. M. M. Magusin, A. Demortiere, V. D. Andrade, C. P. Grey, C. Merlet, A. A. Franco. Stochasticity of Pores Interconnectivity in Li−O2 Batteries and its Impact on the Variations in Electrochemical Performance. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. (2018)
2. Y. Yin, A. Torayev, C. Gaya, Y. Mammeri, A. A. Franco. Linking the Performances of Li−O2 Batteries to Discharge Rate and Electrode and Electrolyte Properties through the Nucleation Mechanism of Li2O2. J. Phys. Chem. C (2017)
1. Y. Yin, C. Gaya, A. Torayev, V. Thangavel, A. A. Franco. Impact of Li2O2 Particle Size on Li–O2 Battery Charge Process: Insights from a Multiscale Modeling Perspective. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. (2016)
1. A. Torayev, G. Shukla, A. A. Franco, Metal air battery, WO2018202892 (2018)