Ferhat received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees with high honours, all in electronics and communication engineering, from Istanbul Technical University, Turkey, in 2015 and 2017, respectively. From 2016 to 2018, he was a research and teaching assistant and a member of the Wireless Communication Research Group at Istanbul Technical University. Currently, he is a DPhil student in the Department of Engineering Science at the University of Oxford under the supervision of Professor Justin P. Coon and a member of the Oxford Communications Research Group. He has served as a reviewer for IEEE and Elsevier journals.
- J1) F. Yarkin and J. P. Coon, "Index and composition modulation," IEEE Commun. Lett., to appear.
- J2) F. Yarkin and J. P. Coon, "Set partition modulation," IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun., vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 7557-7570, Nov. 2020.
- J3) F. Yarkin and J. P. Coon, "Q-ary multi-mode OFDM with index modulation," IEEE Wireless Commun. Lett., vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 1110-1114, Jul. 2020.
- J4) J. P. Coon, M.-A. Badiu, Y. Liu, F. Yarkin, and S. Dang, "Binary-tree encoding for uniform binary sources in index modulation systems," IEEE J. Sel. Topics in Sig. Proc., vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1270-1285, Oct. 2019, invited paper.
- C1) F. Yarkin and J. P. Coon, "Composition modulation," in Communication Technology, 2020 IEEE 20th International Conference on, Oct. 28-31, 2020, pp. 1-5, best paper award.
- C2) F. Yarkin and J. P. Coon, "Set partition modulation," in Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 2019 IEEE 30th International Symposium on, Sep. 8-11, 2019, pp. 1-6.
Awards and prizes
Best paper award in 2020 IEEE 20th International Conference on Communication Technology (ICCT)