Dr. Guohua Zhao is a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Rolls-Royce UTC for Solid Mechanics. He is affiliated to the Solid Mechanics and Materials Engineering Group, Oxford. He also holds a JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship with Kyoto University, Japan.
Zhao joined the Department of Engineering Science, Oxford in February 2020. He is engaged in a research project funded by Rolls-Royce plc, which aims to investigate the mechanical characteristics of lightweight aerospace alloys under extreme deformation conditions. Before joining Oxford, Zhao worked as a PDRA at Lancaster University for the EPSRC DARE (Designing Alloys for Resource Efficiency) project, where he was responsible to lead high value research work in designing and manufacturing damage-tolerant materials. Zhao obtained his PhD in 2017 from KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.
- G.H. Zhao, X.Q. Li, N. Petrinic. Materials information and mechanical response of TRIP/TWIP Ti alloys. npj Computational Materials 7, 91, 2021.
- G.H. Zhao, X. Xu, D. Dye, P.E.J. Rivera-Diaz-del-Castillo. Microstructural evolution and strain-hardening in TWIP Ti alloys. Acta Materialia 183, 155-164, 2020.
- G.H. Zhao, S.V. Ketov, H. Mao, A. Borgenstam, D.V. Louzguine-Luzgin. Ti-Fe-Sn-Nb hypoeutectic alloys with superb yield strength and significant strain hardening, Scripta Materialia 135, 59-62, 2017.
- Capstone Award, by STINT The Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education. (2021)
- JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship, by Japan Society for the Promotion of Science. (2021)
- Travel Scholarship, funded by summer school on Deep Mechanics at Technische Universitat Dresden, Germany. (2019)
- Travel Scholarship, funded by summer school on Computational Materials Science at Texas A&M University, USA. (2018)
- Research Scholarship, Stiftelsen Ingenjor Lorens Carlson, Sweden. (2017)
- Research Scholarship, Knut och Alice Wallenbergs Stiftelse “Jubileumsanslaget”, Sweden. (2017)
- Research Scholarship, STT Foundation for Applied Thermodynamics, Sweden. (2017)
- Research Scholarship, Stiftelsen Axel Hultgrens Fond, Sweden. (2016)
- Research Scholarship, Olle Erikssons Stiftelse for Materialteknik, Sweden. (2015)