Dr. Kai Liu is a post-doctoral research associate in Impact Engineering Laboratory (IEL), University of Oxford. He is undertaking the project ‘Pressure and Strain rate Dependent Behaviour of Composite Materials for High-performance Aerospace Applications’. He received his PhD in Civil Engineering from Monash University in 2020, and prior to joining Oxford, he was a researcher fellow in impact engineering at Monash, working on the dynamic fracturing behaviour of geomaterials under multi-axial loadings and Triaxial Hopkinson Bar Techniques.
● Triaxial Hopkinson Bar Techniques
● High-speed Three-dimensional Digital Image Correlation (3D-DIC)
● Confinement and Rate Dependent Behaviours of Solid Materials
● Dynamic Fracturing Behaviours of Geomaterials under Multi-axial Loadings
● Micro-structural Characterization and Failure Micro-mechanisms
Pressure and Strain rate Dependent Behaviour of Composite Materials for High-performance Aerospace Applications
- Liu, K., Zhao, J. (2021) Progressive damage behaviours of triaxially confined rocks under multiple dynamic loads. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. doi: 10.1007/s00603-021-02408-z
- G Wu, K Liu*, et. al. (2021). Quantification of dynamic damage and breakage in granite under confined indentation. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2021.104763
- QB Zhang, K Liu, G Wu, J Zhao (2021). Dynamic deformation, damage and fracture in geomaterials. Handbook of Damage Mechanics: Nano to Macro Scale for Materials and Structures. doi: org/10.1007/978-1-4614-8968-9_73-1
- WR Hu, Kai Liu, DO Potyondy, QB Zhang (2020). 3D continuum-discrete coupled modelling of triaxial Hopkinson bar tests on rock under multiaxial static-dynamic loads. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2020.104448
- PF Liu, K Liu*, QB Zhang (2020). Experimental characterisation of mechanical behaviour of concrete-like materials under multiaxial confinement and high strain rate. Construction and Building Materials. doi: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2020.119638
- Kai Liu, J. Zhao, G. Wu, A. Maksimenko, A. Haque, Q.B. Zhang (2020). Dynamic strength and failure modes of sandstone under biaxial compression. International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences. doi: 10.1016/j.ijrmms.2020.104260
- Liu Kai, Zhang QB, Wu G, Li JC, & Zhao J (2019). Dynamic Mechanical and Fracture Behaviour of Sandstone Under Multiaxial Loads Using a Triaxial Hopkinson Bar. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, 52: 2175. doi: org/10.1007/s00603-018-1691-y
- Kai Liu and Qianbing Zhang (2019). Dynamic Behaviors of Sandstone under True Tri-axial Confinements: Tri-axial Hopkinson Bar Tests. New York, In 53rd US Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium. American Rock Mechanics Association.