Dr. Liang He is a researcher in soft robotics. He completed his Ph.D. at Imperial College London with the Morph Lab. Since 2017, he has been a part of the EPSRC Motion and RoboPatient project, where he develops robot-assisted approaches for medical training. He aims to understand human behavior in haptic exploration and develop a framework to support the learning process.
In 2021, he joined the Soft Robotics Lab at the Oxford Robotics Institute, where his work focuses on active soft sensing and using the inherited physical reservoir for assisted computation. He is also interested in the novel soft actuator/sensor design, fabrication, and control for unstructured environment navigation and Human-robot interaction
- Soft and compliant robotics
- Soft sensor and actuators
- Machine haptics and Human behaviour in tactile perception
- Healthcare, medical and biomedical applications
- Augmented human-robot interaction
- Robot-assisted medical training
- Rehabilitation and wearable devices.
From Sensing to Collaboration:
Engineering, Exploring and Exploiting the Building Blocks of Embodied Intelligence