Dr. Michael Gray joined the BUBBL group in September 2015 primarily to work on a Phase-1 clinical trial of ultrasound-mediated targeted drug delivery for treatment of liver cancer.
Over the preceding 23 years, he was a research engineer and principal investigator at Georgia Tech, working in research areas including submarine sonar, cetacean soft tissue characterization, photoacoustics, fish hearing, and non-destructive structural evaluation.
- Gray, M.D., Lyon, P.C., Mannaris, C., Folkes, L.K., Stratford, M., Campo, L., Chung, D.Y.F., Scott, S., Anderson, M., Goldin, R., Carlisle, R., Wu, F., Middleton, M.R., Gleeson, F.V., and Coussios, C.C., “Focused ultrasound hyperthermia for targeted drug release from thermosensitive liposomes: results from a Phase 1 Trial”, Radiology (published online 15 Jan. 2019)
- Mannaris, C., Bau, L., Grundy, M., Gray, M.D., Lea-Banks, H., Seth, A., Teo, B., Carlisle, R., Stride, E., and Coussios, C.C., “Microbubbles, nanodroplets and gas-stabilizing solid particles for ultrasound-medicated extravasation of unencapsulated drugs: an exposure parameter optimization study”, Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, (published online 14 Jan. 2019)
- Gray, M.D. and Coussios, C.C., “Broadband ultrasonic attenuation estimation and compensation with passive acoustic mapping”, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, (2018) 65(11): 1997-2011
- Lyka, E., Coviello, C., Paverd, C., Gray, M.D., and Coussios, C.C., “Passive acoustic mapping using data-adaptive beamforming based on higher-orders statistics”, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, (2018) 37(12): 2582-2592
- Lyon, P.C., Gray, M.D., Mannaris, C., Folkes, L.K., Stratford, M., Campo, L., Chung, D.Y.F., Scott, S., Anderson, M., Goldin, R., Carlisle, R., Wu, F., Middleton, M.R., Gleeson, F.V., and Coussios, C.C., “TarDox: A Phase I trial investigating the safety and feasibility of ultrasound-triggered targeted drug delivery in liver tumours”, Lancet Oncology (2018) 19(8): 1027-1039
- Barnsley, L.C., Gray, M.D., Beguin, E., Carugo, D., and Stride, E., “A combined magnetic-acoustic device for simultaneous, co-aligned application of magnetic and ultrasonic fields”, Advanced Materials Technologies, (2018) 3(7): 1800081
- Gray, M.D., Lyka, E., and Coussios, C.C., “Diffraction effects and compensation in passive acoustic mapping”, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control (2018) 65(2): 258-268
- Holguin, S.Y., Gray, M.D., Joseph, P., Thadhani, N., and Prausnitz, M.R., “Photoporation using carbon nanotubes or intracellular delivery of molecules and its relationship to photoacoustic pressure”, Advanced Healthcare Materials (2018) 7(5): 1701007:1-10