Yana is a DPhil student in the Control Group under the supervision of Prof. Ober-Blöbaum and Prof. Cannon. Her work focuses on developing methods for simulation, optimization and control of multirate systems, which exhibit dynamics on different time scales. These methods allow for high fidelity simulation and control of multirate systems while enabling substantial reductions in the required computational cost. This makes the methods highly advantageous for safety-critical application and/or implementation on systems with limited computational capacity such as aerospace systems. Her research is sponsored by a Research Studentship by EPSRC DTA.
In the past Yana completed a Bachelor and MEng program at the University of Cambridge focusing on Aerospace Engineering and Instrumentation & Control. Her master thesis investigated airfoil shape optimization using adjoint-based methods. Prior to these degrees she completed 2-years program in Software Engineering and Electronics at the University of Edinburgh, obtaining a Diploma of Higher Education for her studies.
Parallel to her DPhil studies Yana serves as Junior Dean at St Hugh’s College. She also acts as vice president of the student-led Aeronautical Society AerOx and chairs the division's Graduate Joint Consultative Committee (GJCC). In this role she also sits on the Graduate Studies Committee (GSC) and Graduate Joint Consultative Forum (GJCF) meetings to represent the department's student body at divisional level. Yana is also student affiliate of the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) and a student member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- A multirate variational approach to Nonlinear MPC - Y. Lishkova, M. Cannon, S. Ober-Blöbaum, under review, https://arxiv.org/abs/2111.04811
- A multirate variational approach to simulation and optimal control for flexible spacecraft -Y. Lishkova, S. Ober-Blöbaum, M. Cannon, and S. Leyendecker. Advances in the Astronautical Sciences, vol. 175, pp. 395–410, 2020, https://arxiv.org/abs/2009.05873
- Simulation, optimization and control of multirate dynamics- A talk for the Oxford Control Group Journal Club, 12/2021.
- A multirate variational approach to simulation and optimal control for flexible spacecraft – An invited talk at the Numerical Solution of Differential and Differential-Algebraic Equations Conference (NUMDIFF-16), 09/2021
- A multirate variational approach to simulation and optimal control for flexible spacecraft: An extension Accepted as a poster and talk at a workshop at the 8th IEEE International Conference on Space Mission Challenges for Information Technology (SMC-IT), 07/2021
- Multirate discrete mechanics and optimal control – A virtual talk for the Paderborn University Numerical Mathematics and Control Research Group, 11/2020.