Dr. Chao He completed his DPhil degree in the Department of Engineering Science at the University of Oxford from 2018-2020 (within 2 years), during which time he was also a member of Jesus College.
From 2020 (Feb) to 2021 (Aug), Chao was a Postdoctoral Researcher. In 2021 (Sep) he was appointed a Stipendiary Junior Research Fellowship in Engineering at St John’s College (independent researcher), and in 2021 (Oct) was concurrently appointed an Associate Member of Faculty in the Department of Engineering Science. He also serves as a doctoral supervisor.
External Editorial Services
Guest Editor, Applied Sciences (IF 2.68)
Guest Editor, Frontiers in Chemistry (IF 5.22)
Guest Editor, Frontiers in Remote Sensing; cross-listing with Frontiers in Bioinformatics/Frontiers in Physics (IF 3.56)
1) Chao He*, Yijie Shen, Andrew Forbes, and Martin Booth, “Shrinking multiplexed orbital angular momentum to the nanoscale”, Light: Science & Applications, (2021), In press. (IF 17.78; Springer Nature)
2) Chao He*, Honghui He*, Jintao Chang, Binguo Chen, Hui Ma, and Martin J. Booth*, “Polarisation optics for biomedical and clinical applications: a review”, Light: Science & Applications, 10.1 (2021): 1-20. (IF 17.78; Springer Nature)
- Editors' Highlights | Light: Science & Applications.
- Cover Paper | Light: Science & Applications.
3) Chao He*, Jintao Chang, Qi Hu, Jingyu Wang, Jacopo Antonello, Honghui He, Shaoxiong Liu, Jianyu Lin, Ben Dai, Daniel. S. Elson, Peng Xi, Hui Ma, and Martin J Booth*, “Complex vectorial optics through gradient index lens cascades,” Nature Communications, 10.1 (2019): 1-8. (IF 14.92; Springer Nature)
- Highlighted by Nature Photonics, 13, 732 (2019), in News & Views, ‘Graded lens surprise’.
- Highlighted by Light: Science & Applications, 8, 111 (2019), in News & Views, ‘Common elements for uncommon light: vector beams with GRIN lenses’.
- Highlighted by Optics & Photonics News, 12, 47 (2020), ‘Extraordinary beam modulation with ordinary GRIN Lenses’.
- 10/2021 Associate Member of Faculty, Department of Engineering Science, OX
- 05/2021 Stipendiary Junior Research Fellowship (Top 1 among candidates from Chemistry, Engineering and Biology), Principal Investigator (PI), St John’s College, OX
- 10/2020 First Prize, “Zhumeng Cup” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (Top 1), Shenzhen
- 09/2020 Gold Award, ‘‘Challenge Cup’’ National College Student Business Plan Competition, Beijing
- 08/2020 2020 Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (Top 10), Shenzhen
- 07/2019 2019 Rising Stars of Light Final Winners (Top 10), Light: Science & Applications, CIOMP and Nature Publishing Group
- 04/2019 Oxford Photonics Day: Student Poster Presentation Prize, 2nd Place (Top 2), OX
- 01/2018 Scholarship in “Adaptive Optical Microscopy Systems”, OX
- 05/2016 Excellent Graduate of THU (Top 1%), THU; Excellent Graduate of Beijing (Top 2%), Beijing
- 11/2015 Nomination for Special Scholarship of THU (Top 10, 0.05%), THU
- 09/2015 First Prize, International College Students Contest, and “Lihe Cup” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (Top 1, 0.05%), Shenzhen and THU
- 09/2015 National Scholarship for Graduate Students (Top 1%), THU
- 10/2012 Special Award for Undergraduate National Scholarship (Top 1 in the province), Zhejiang Province
Selected Practical Experience
First Personal Original Music Album --《HE》