With a background in pure mathematics, David received his PhD in computer science from King's College London in 2019. His current focus is on machine learning algorithms applied to graph-structured data and other kernel methods. Put simply, he looks for efficient ways to capture the similarities between two given network structures. His PhD looked into consensus formation in the context of multi-agent systems, as well as game-theoretical analysis related to such processes. More recently, he has worked with the classification and summarisation of provenance data. David joins the department to investigate how machine learning techniques can help finding structure-property relationships in the context of polymer design.
- 2021 – “The Influence of Memory in Multi-Agent Consensus” – AAAI 2021 Kohan Marzagão, D.; Basualdo Bonatto, L.; Madeira, T.; Gauy, M.; and McBurney, P.; in Proceedings of The Thirty-Fifth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence 2021. To appear.
- 2020 – “Incremental Inference of Provenance Types”, in proc. of IPAW 2020 Kohan Marzagão, D.; Huynh, T.D.; Moreau, L. to appear in International Provenance and Annotation Workshop. 2020.
- 2020 – “Continuum Argumentation Frameworks from Cooperative Game Theory”, in proc. of COMMA 2020 Young, A.; Kohan Marzagão, D.; Murphy, J. in 8th International Conference on Computational Models of Argument. 2020.
- 2019 – “Applying Abstract Argumentation Theory to Cooperative Game Theory”, in proc. of AIˆ3 (AI*IA) 2019 Young, A.; Kohan Marzagão, D.; Murphy, J. in Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop on Advances in Argumentation in Artificial Intelligence, in CEUR Workshop Proceedings AI*IA Series. 2019.
- 2017 – “Team Persuasion”, in proc. of TAFA (IJCAI) 2017 Kohan Marzagão, D.; Murphy, J.; Young, A.; Gauy, M.; Luck, M.; McBurney, P.; and Black, E., in Proceedings of the 4th International Workshop on Theory and Applications of Formal Argumentation. Springer LNAI. 2017.
- 2017 – “Multi-Agent Flag Coordination Games”, in proc. of AAMAS 2017 Kohan Marzagão, D; Rivera, N; Cooper, C; McBurney, P; and Steinhöfel, K, in proceedings of Sixteenth International Conference on Antonomous Agents and Multiagent Sytems. International Foundation for Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, p. 1442- 1450. 2017.
For a full list, see https://kohan.uk/publications/