Dr Mohan Wang was awarded a PhD from the University of Pittsburgh for her thesis "Femtosecond Laser Fabrication of Photonic Devices on Transparent Platforms". She is currently researching new laser micro-fabrication techniques for optical fibre sensors capable of withstanding extreme environments.
- Femtosecond laser direct writing of 3-D photonic circuits
- Development and fabrication of optical fibre sensor system for industrial applications
- Femtosecond laser fabrication of optical devices on various platforms
- M. Wang, K. Zhao, J. Wu, Y. Li, Y. Yang, S. Huang, J. Zhao, T. Tweedle, D. Carpenter, G. Zheng, Q. Yu, K. Chen, “Femtosecond laser fabrication of nanograting-based distributed fibre sensors for extreme environmental applications,” International Journal of Extreme Manufacturing 3(2), 025401 (2021).
- M. A. S. Zaghloul, J. H. Mason, M. Wang, M. Buric, Z. Peng, S. Lee, P. Ohodnicki, H. Abernathy, K. P. Chen, “High Spatial Resolution Temperature Profile Measurements of Solid-Oxide Fuel Cells,” Applied Energy 288 (2021).
- Y. Yang, M. Wang, Z. Yu, Q. Yu, K. Chen, “Multiplexable Intrinsic Fabry-Perot Interferometers Inscribed by Femtosecond Laser for Vibration Measurements in High Temperature Environments,” Sensors & Actuators: A. Physical 321 (2021).
- M. Wang, Y. Yang, S. Huang, J. Wu, K. Zhao, Y. Li, Z. Peng, R. Zou, H. Lan, P. R. Ohodnicki, P. Lu, M. Buric, B. Liu, Q. Yu, and K. P. Chen, “Multiplexable High-Temperature Stable and Low-loss Intrinsic Fabry-Perot In-fiber Sensors through Nanograting Engineering,” Optics Express 28(14), 20225-35 (2020).
- M. Wang, K. Zhao, S. Huang, J. Wu, P. Lu, P. R. Ohodnicki, M. Li, S. J. Mihailov, and K. P. Chen, “Reel-to-reel Fabrication of In-fiber Low-loss and High-temperature Stable Rayleigh Scattering Centers for Distributed Sensing,” IEEE Sensors Journal 20(19), 11335-41 (2020).
- A. Cerjan, M. Wang, S. Huang, K. P. Chen, M. C. Rechtsman, “Thouless Pumping in Disordered Photonic Systems,” Light: Science & Applications 9(1), 1-7 (2020).
- J. Noh, T. Schuster, T. Iadecola, S. Huang, M. Wang, K. P. Chen, C. Chamon, and M. C. Rechtsman, “Braiding Photonic Topological Zero Modes,” Nature Physics 16(9), 989-93 (2020).
- R. Chen, Z. Peng, M. Wang, A. Yan, S. Li, S. Huang, M. Li, and K. P. Chen, "Spatially resolved fibre cavity ring down spectroscopy," Scientific Reports 10(1), 1-7 (2020).
- Z. Peng, H. Wen, J. Jian, A. Gribok, M. Wang, S. Huang, H. Liu, Z. Mao, and K. P. Chen, "Identifications and classifications of human locomotion using Rayleigh-enhanced distributed fiber acoustic sensors with deep neural networks," Scientific Reports 10(1), 1-11 (2020).
- R. Zou, X. Liang, Q. Chen, M. Wang, M. Zaghloul, H. Lan, M. Buric, P. R. Ohodnicki, B. Chorpening, A. To, K. P. Chen, “A Digital Twin Approach to Study Additive Manufacturing Processing Using Embedded Optical Fiber Sensors and Numerical Modeling,” Journal of Light Wave Technology 38(22), 6401-11 (2020).
- Y. Yang, J. Wu, M. Wang, Q. Wang, and K. P. Chen, “Fast Demodulation of Fiber Bragg Grating Wavelength from Low-resolution Spectral Measurements using Buneman Frequency Estimation,” Journal of Lightwave Technology 38(18), 5142-48 (2020).
- R. M. Clark, M. Wang, Z. A. Splain, and K. P. Chen, “Teaching a Standalone Optics and Lasers Course Using Project-based Learning,” IEEE Transactions on Education 63(4), 255-62 (2020).
- R. Cao, Y. Yang, M. Wang, X. Yi, J. Wu, S. Huang, and K. Chen, “Multiplexable Intrinsic Fabry-Perot interferometric Fiber Sensors for Multipoint Hydrogen Gas Monitoring,” Optics Letters 45(11), 3163-66 (2020).
- Z. Peng, J. Jian, H. Wen, A. Gribok, M. Wang, H. Liu, S. Huang, Z. Mao, and K. P. Chen, “Distributed Fiber Sensor and Machine Learning Data Analytics for Pipeline Protection against Extrinsic Intrusions and Intrinsic Corrosions,” Optics Express 28(19), 27277-92 (2020).
- A. Cerjan, S. Huang, M. Wang, K. P. Chen, Y. Chong, and M. C. Rechtsman, “Experimental Realization of a Weyl Exceptional Ring,” Nature Photonics 13(9), 623-28 (2019).
- O. Zilberberg, Oded, S. Huang, J. Guglielmon, M. Wang, K. P. Chen, Y. E. Kraus, and M. C. Rechtsman, “Photonic Topological Boundary Pumping as a Probe of 4D Quantum Hall Physics,” Nature 553(7686), 59-62 (2018).
- M. A. S. Zaghloul, M. Wang, S. Huang, C. Hnatovsky, D. Grobnic, S. Mihailov, M-J. Li, D. Carpenter, L-W. Hu, J. Daw, G. Laffont, S. Nehr, and K. P. Chen, “Radiation Resistant Fiber Bragg Grating in Random Air-line Fibers for Sensing Applications in Nuclear Reactor Cores,” Optics Express 26(9), 11775-86 (2018).
- M. A. Zaghloul, M. Wang, G. Milione, M. Li, S. Li, Y. Huang, T. Wang, and K. P. Chen, “Discrimination of Temperature and Strain in Brillouin Optical Time Domain Analysis Using a Multicore Optical Fiber,” Sensors 18(4), 1176 (2018).
- R. Zou, M. Wang, S. L. Wang, S. Li, C. Zhang, L. Deng, Y. F. Lu, and K. P. Chen, “Adaptive Laser Shock Micro-forming for MEMS Device Applications,” Optics Express 25(4), 3875-83 (2017).