Yahya is a DPhil student in biomedical engineering studying brain vasculature and physiology. Yahya has a bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering from King Saud University (KSU) Saudi Arabia and a master’s degree in health informatics from King Saud bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences (KSAU-HS), Saudi Arabia
Yahya is using signal processing analyses and mathematical modelling techniques to better understand the nonstationary behaviour of the dynamic Cerebral Autoregulation (dCA) mechanism and blood flow in the human brain. Understanding this mechanism is a key step toward quantifying dCA and early detection of cerebral blood flow impairment which is the root of brain deteriorative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Memberships and volunteering
- Oxford Union.
- Oxford University Bioengineering Society (OUBES)
- Saudi Student Club in Oxford, UKSACB at the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Council for Engineers (SCE)
- Saudi Scientific Society for Biomedical Engineering (SSSBE)
- Saudi Association for Health Informatics (SAHI)